I’ve not done one of these blogosphere-personality-quiz things before. But I spotted this one (for about the third time) on a blog that I’ve only recently subscribed to (hi there, Mr. Hornswoggler, if you’re tracing your links back), and thought ‘what the hell’. Maybe some of VCTB’s readers would be interested in finding out more about yours truly. For those that aren’t, something more interesting will be along soon; this is all I could roust myself to do this Sunday, I’m afraid. Meh.
So, the quiz:
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Yes, but only as a part of getting in to a music festival or similar event.
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
Only for the regular blinking-type purpose; not been on one for years, anyhow.
3. When’s the last time you’ve been sledding?
Deliberately? Would have been winter 1992, using makeshift sleds such as de-trucked skateboards, bin-liners and leather jackets. Unintentionally? Went snowboarding for the first time in Austria this March; spent plenty of time sledging on my arse.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
Ambiguous question; depends on the situation. In general, I’d rather have someone there, though.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Not in the Derek Acorah way, no. Jung’s collective unconscious and other weird things might produce something like ghosts, but I have yet to be sold on them. Not ruling it out, though.
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
It’s not for me to judge, is it? I certainly aspire to be considered creative by other people, but I don’t think it’s as innate a thing as popular culture would have us believe. I think it has to be worked at, very hard.
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
It’ll probably sound crass, but I don’t really care.
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
I don’t own a TV or go to the cinema much, and again it’s an ambiguous question. However, Aniston was in Friends, and so deserves nothing but my full contempt. Jolie, despite being a terrible media whore, has never done anything that has offended me as much as Friends, so I guess she wins.
9. Do you stay friends with your ex’s?
I try to, and percentage-wise I’ve done fairly well. Staying in contact with them? That’s a different kettle of fish – I’m lazy and I hate telephones.
10. Do you know how to play poker?
I think it’d come back to me, but I was never any good at it, and I don’t gamble anyway.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
More times than I can remember…I was rather fond of staying awake for days, by one method or another. The silliness of youth, I guess. Having a job makes it an impractical proposition, and that’s why I don’t do it these days.
12. What’s your favorite commercial?
I can’t think of a better response to this than the one Mr. Hornswoggler left, so here it is: ‘I understand all of those words, but they don’t make sense in that order.’
13. What are you allergic to?
Winter. Oilseed rape pollen. Something in the carpets at work.
14. If you’re driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Of course I do.
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
This is a sports-related question, right?
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
I seem to remember doing so at some point during my childhood.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
These days, very rarely. I used to get real technicolour nightmares as a kid though, so probably no major loss there.
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Hmmm. Probably the first time I watched Kevin Smith’s ‘Clerks‘, about eleven years ago.
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Yes, but I can’t be bothered to, I think they’re hugely over-rated. Yes, I know, cultural icons, blah blah blah. I just don’t like ’em.
21. What’s the one thing on your mind now?
That I should have left to attend a gig by my friends, Little London, about half an hour ago. (This post is being written Sunday evening but scheduled for Monday morning, in case anyone gets confused by this answer.)
22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass barbie is?
23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
24. What cell service do you use?
o2 contract, sorted out for me by my good friend Udy (hey Yuds, if you’re reading).
25. Do you like Sushi?
Never had it. Not going to either, I can’t stand cooked fish, so I doubt I’d like it raw.
26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
One or two bike/car or pedestrian/car interfaces over the years. Potentially fatal? Hard to judge, really, but probably not. Potentially injurious or crippling? Certainly.
27. What do you wear to bed?
Nowt, unless it’s exceptionally cold, then a T-shirt until I’ve warmed the duvet through.
28. Been caught stealing?
Once, when I was five… Jane’s Addiction lyrics aside, not that I remember. I was never much of a tea-leaf, although I may possibly have appropriated the occasional snack item from shops without remembering to pay.
29. What shoe size do you have?
11 1/2, UK size. Well, the right one anyway, the left is a straight 11.
30. Do you truly hate anyone?
There’s only one person in existance I know well enough to pass that kind of judgement on, and I’ve been trying to give him a lighter time of it over the last few years.
31. Classic Rock or Rap?
Little from column A, little from column B. Probably more from the rock column, though.
32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
Why work out a choice for a hypothetical situation that would never occur?
33. Favorite Song?
34. Have you sung in front of the mirror?
35. What food do you find disgusting?
Fish. And eggs – what d’ya want to eat an egg for? It’s a chicken’s period, FFS.
36. Do you sing in the shower?
Sadly, the Hall Of Mirrors has no shower, but I often sing along to stuff in the bath.
37. Did you ever play, “I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours”?
I did, but strangely no-one ever asked to play a second time…
38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone who’d never done this ever; I certainly have done in the past, but I like to think that there’s nothing I’d say about a friend that I’d not say to their face, at least these days.
39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Yes. A few weeks later I discovered my mistake, when the junkie in question burgled my flat. So much for altruism and karma.
40. Have you ever been punched in the face?
More times than I care to count.
So there you have it. Those questions had a real MySpace flavour, didn’t they? Oh well. Memes ain’t what they used to be.